In many delicious dishes spicy foods are incorporated to intensify their flavor, and most of all in Mexican cuisine most of the dishes are prepared based on spicy foods because their culture focuses on it.
For this reason, it is important that we know the 5 most spicy foods, so that we are prevented if we find a dish that contains any of these, when we hear their name once we will associate and we will be prepared for the explosion of flavors that we will feel in our mouth.
Orlando Jose Veloso tells us that the 5 most spicy foods that exist in the world are:
- Spicy Chili: There are 64 types of chili, but the spicy ones are called habanero chili, piquin, Thai chili and tabasco. Similarly, it is important to know that red and yellow peppers have vitamin B and provitamin A, in addition to being rich in iron, potassium and magnesium.
- Cayenne: It is also known by the name of red pepper, and is a powder that comes from grinding several species of chili that have been previously dried. For this reason, its flavor is intense, that is, a combination between smoked and bitter, which makes this seasoning one of the most spicy in the world, has vitamin C and is widely used in Indian, Indonesian and Thai cuisine.
- Tabasco: It is a spicy sauce of American origin that is formed by red tabasco chili, vinegar, water and salt.
- Wasabi: which is obtained from a kind of radish and is native to Japan, it is so spicy, that the person can cry when tasting it, and it is consumed mixed with soy sauce in a matter of accompanying sushi, it is also consumed in the preparation of Some types of donburi and sashimi.
- Curri: The spicy curri is called Phaal and is a typical spice used in Indian cuisine. This is a mixture of red pepper, black pepper, long pepper, mustard seeds, garlic, cumin, ginger, among others.
With this, we can already appreciate what are the 5 most spicy foods in the world, but surely, in front of this we must have the question of why consume spicy foods? For all palates these types of spicy foods do not turn out to be pleasant at all, while others find it totally delicious, the truth is that, there are a number of benefits incorporated into the intake of this type of food, such as, that helps improve digestion, is rich in antioxidants, has an anti-inflammatory effect, has some antiseptic, fungicidal and bactericidal properties, prevents intestinal parasites and stimulates blood circulation – explains Orlando Jose Veloso Angola.
But also, you should be very careful with your consumption and not abuse the proportions, because spicy foods can cause in some people, ulcers, gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, heartburn and dyspepsia or indigestion, so , its consumption is recommended but in moderate portions and not on a daily basis.